Monday, August 13, 2007

Jilly Bean

This is Jill Kim Oanh Calvert. She was born on August 4, 2006 in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. She was 2 months premature (2 lbs 12 oz) and had to stay in the hospital for a couple of months. This is the first picture we got of her with our referral, on February 14, 2007.















As you can see she is very healthy and doing fine in Tam Binh 1 orphanage in HCMC.

We don't have our travel date yet, but it should be around the 23rd or 24th of August. Right now we are getting her room ready for her, and trying to get ourselves ready for the trip.


We wanted to start this blog so we could keep in touch with everyone at home while we are in Vietnam. My sister is travelling with us to Vietnam. That means that her husband Denny will be home with the boys for two weeks. Denny is going to add to this blog as well to keep us up to date on what is happening in St. Louis with our family while we are gone. I'm sure it will be interesting.

3 comments:

Karen Wall said...

Jennifer-
I saw your post on CHIVietnamKids. Your blog is neat. I loved the slideshow, your little girl is precious. We live in O'Fallon, MO. We have a little boy waiting for us in Kien Giang. You will be traveling with our very close friends the Wilsons. You will all have the best time over there. I am jealous, but I know that my time will come soon!
:)Karen Wall

Amy Vogelson said...

My name is Amy Vogelson. I am adopting a baby through CHI. She is at Tam Binh. Her name is Nguyen Hong Nhung. Her english name will be Maya Rose. (Hong means Rose). I would love it if you had the opportunity to see her, hold her, and tell her that her mommy is waiting for her ( along with a whole community of family and friends who love her). I got my referral the end of May so it will probably be a couple more months until I get there. If you can get pictures, that would be fabulous too. My email is AmyV@Teenlifeline.org. Travel safe and come home soon.

Kathryn said...

We're also with CHI. We have been on the waiting list about 3 1/2 months. I look forward to following your trip to get Jill; she is just so cute!